1. Legal Provision
In terms of the provisions of Section 5(q) of the Telecommunication Act, Terminal Equipment requires Type Approval from the Commission. Schedule 2 of System Licence issued to operators, authorizes the connection of telecommunication apparatus which is of a type approved by the Commission.
2. Categories of Terminal Equipment which need type approval
- Telephone Instruments
- Fax machines
- Cordless Telephones(checked for frequency, base station output power and range)
- Any other Customer Premises Equipment to be connected to the Licensed Network.
3. Type Approval Procedure
4. Check the Status of Application
5. Type Approved Products
6. Import Clearance Approval
- Relevant particulars should be submitted along with the invoice.
The imported telecommunication apparatus should be type approved by the Commission, the importer should be in possession of a valid Vendor Licence .
Last Updated on Thursday, 19 July 2012 05:40